Authentisign allows you to create an electronic signing for your documents and forms in Instanet. During this process, you will:
- set up documents with signature, initial and date areas
- determine who the documents are sent to
- send documents to any required participants (buyers, sellers, attorneys, etc.)
There are two ways to get started:
- To create a standalone signing, click the Authentisign icon
- To add a signing to an existing transaction, open up the desired transaction and click Signings.
Regardless of how you start out, the process from here on out is pretty much identical.
Click the Add button . The Create Signing window opens:
- For the Signing Name field, you can enter the name of the signer, the address of the property, the name/type of the document, etc.
- The Transaction field is optional. If this is a standalone signing and not part of a transaction you have already created in Instanet, you can just skip this field and click Save. Otherwise, you can click the Transaction drop down and select the appropriate transaction (then click Save).
- Put a check in the Go to new signing check box- this will start the Authentisign wizard as soon as you click Save.
If you checked Go to new signing, the Authentisign wizard opens to Step 1: Details. This is the first in the four step process of creating a signing, and you will see this screen:
If you did not check Go to new signing, the list of signings you have already started will appear:
Click on the name of a signing that has the gear icon next to it. The gear icon means the signing is ready to start and will open in the Authentisign wizard. Any signing that has a lightning bolt next to it is already In Progress.
Step 1: Details
When the wizard opens, the first step (Details) allows you to set up the order in which you would like the signers (Participants) to be sent the document (via email) to be signed/initialed.
Sign In-line means that participants will be emailed the document(s) one at a time, in a specific order. The first participant on the list has to sign the document before it will be sent on to the second, and so on. Simul-Sign is a first come-first serve scenario. The document(s) will be sent to all participants at the same time and can be signed in any order. Regardless of the option you choose, all signatures and initials will be captured on one final document.
Advanced options allows you to set an expiration date on the invitation to sign. If the signing is not complete by the specified date & time, the participants will no longer be able to access it. Additionally, you can set up a reminder schedule that will keep on the participants until they have signed:
Step 2: Participants
This is where you choose/add the people who need to sign the document(s) or form(s). If you started this signing from an existing transaction, any participants that are already involved will appear on your screen- put a check in front of any persons you would like involved in the signing:
If you started this as a standalone signing, click the Add button to start adding participants.
Add New Participant allows you to manually enter the person's information.
The only required fields are Type, Name and Email address.
- Remote Signer- the participant is able to receive the invitation through email
- In-Person Signer- the participant does not have access to email, so the email is sent to you and you are responsible for having that person sign the documents/forms on your own device.
- Reviewer- a person who is not signing, but needs access to review the documents/forms and signatures. A Reviewer can accept or reject the signed documents/forms.
- CC Only- a person who is to receive a copy of the final email message, as well as access to any signed documents/forms.
If you choose In-Person Signer, you must specify a Signing Host PIN, and you become the host on their behalf. The PIN verifies that you were present when the signing took place.
Once you are done filling out the participant's information, you can put a check in the Save to Contacts check box to add the participant to your TransactionDesk contacts. This will make them available to add to future transactions/signings. Checking this option does not add them to the current transaction itself.
Click the Add button once you are done and this person will be added to the participants for this signing.
Add From Contacts allows you to add a participant for this signing from your list of Contacts (from within TransactionDesk). A list of your contacts will open- just put a check in front of the one you want to add, select the appropriate participant type and click Add. Repeat as necessary.
Add Yourself allows you to make yourself a signing participant. After you click Add Yourself, verify and update your personal information (this fills from your Instanet account) as needed. Click Add when you are done.
Step 3: Documents
This is where you choose the document(s)/form(s) you want to be signed by the participants of the signing.
If you started this as a standalone signing, click the Add button.
This opens a window that allows you to choose the location of the document(s) you want to have signed:
- you will only see the top option (above Select from Forms) if you started this signing from an existing transaction. It will display the name of the transaction and allow you to add any of the forms or documents from it to the signing.
- Select from Forms- choose a form from the InstanetForms folders.
- Google Drive/Dropbox/OneDrive/Box- choose a from from one of these online storage platforms.
- Upload a File- upload a document from your local computer or mobile device.
- Upload by Fax- upload a document from a fax machine.
- Upload by Email- upload a document via email.
- Print Driver- set up an Authentisign print driver, which will allow you to virtually 'print' a document to TransactionDesk by selecting the Authentisign driver from the list of printers on your PC or mobile device.
If you started this signing from an existing transaction, any documents or forms associated with the transaction will appear in a list. Put a check in front of any that you would like to include and click Add:
The selected documents will be added to the list of documents in the signing.
Use the left or right arrows to rearrange the order of the documents.
Step 4: Design
The document editor opens on the first page of the first document/form in your documents list. All of the documents/forms you have included in this signing will appear, one after another, based on the order they appear in the documents list.
Use the Signers drop down (in the upper right) to select the specific signer you are adding on the document. It is important to always be cognizant of the signer you have currently selected, since certain signing spaces (seller, buyer, etc.) only apply to certain participants:
Instanet will automatically try to insert the appropriate signature blocks to the correct spots on the form(s) based on the details you have provided when adding the participants to the signing (where you designate a participant as a seller, buyer, agent, etc.):
If you right click on any signature/initial block or markup that has been added to a form, you will get the following menu:
Depending on the type of drag and drop item/markup you have selected, the right click menu will allow you to perform adjustments like changing the font color/size or determining where the instruction is in relation to the item (ex: clicking Flip Horizontal on a signature block will move the red Sign Here text to the right side of the block instead of its default position on the left side of the block):
This is helpful in this instance because the Sign Here instruction will not cover up any text (if it were kept at its default on the left side of the block, it does go through the text of the form, which is a bit more difficult to see/read).
When you are finished making any necessary changes to the document/form for all participants, click Next. You will see the following confirmation:
If you want to send the signing invitations to the participants using the email address(es) from their contact information screen, just click Send Invitations. If you want to customize or adjust the invitations (email address, subject, message), click the Customize button.
Make any necessary changes and click Save, then click Send Invitations.
Each of the participants will now be sent an invitation to sign the attached form(s). Depending on how you set up the signing at the beginning of the process (Sign In-Line or Simul-Sign), either the first participant will be sent the email (In-Line) or all participants will be sent the email (Simul-Sign) at this point.